As a therapist, Ana is committed to helping children, adolescents, adults and families to achieve their goals and find healing within a safe environment. Ana’s approaches her work as a psychotherapist with the greatest respect for individual differences, cultural backgrounds, religious beliefs and social experiences. Ana believe in the uniqueness of each individual and as a result, the treatment She provide is tailored to each client's unique needs. It is her goal to assist each client in finding and expressing their maximum potential and strengths as well as working through the barriers to expressing their true self, finding peace, happiness and self-acceptance. Ana utilizes a wide range of therapeutic strategies from various approaches. However, the treatment modality she utilizes the most is EMDR therapy. Ana also incorporates if necessary, a wide variety of therapeutic modalities within a comprehensive EMDR treatment such as: Play Therapy, Theraplay, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, and Sandtray therapy.
Areas of specialization:
- Trauma and adversity and their emotional and psychological consequences
- Abuse and neglect issues
- Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD)
- Dissociation & complex trauma
- Attachment trauma and attachment wounds
- Depression & Anxiety
- Grief & Loss
- Self Esteem issues
- Divorce & Domestic violence
- Children, adolescents & adults
- Treating Trauma with EMDR: Healing from Our Nightmares with Dr. Francine Shapiro
- Attachment Disorder and Trauma Resilience With Allan Schore, PhD
- Getting past your past: Take control of your life with self-help techniques from EMDR therapy by Francine Shapiro
Resources for parents
- Interpersonal Neurobiology. Harvard Education. Early Childhood Brain D
- Trauma, Brain and Relationship: Helping Children Heal
- Allan Schore Neurobiology of Secure Attachment
- Dr. Bruce Perry, Childhood Development on LIVING SMART with Patrici
- Brain-based parenting: the neuroscience of caregiving for healthy attachment by Daniel Hughes & Jonathan Baylin.
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D. Parenting from the Inside Out: How A Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D., and Mary Hartzell, M.Ed. The connected child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family by Karyn Purvis, David Cross and Wendy Sunshine.
- Bonding and Attachment in Maltreated Children- the child Trauma Academy
- A Place for Everyone: Nurturing Each Child's Niche ?By Bruce Duncan Perry, M.D., Ph.D.