POSTPONED – EMDR Parent, Child & Attachment Specialist Intensive Program – Phoenix, AZ
October 14, 2020 - October 19, 2020
- This event has passed.
EMDR Parent-Child & Attachment Specialist Intensive Program
“The Systemic, EMDR- Attachment Based Program to Heal Intergenerational Trauma & Repair the Parent-Child Attachment Bond”
8 hours of online training
38 hours of intensive-retreat training
Cost: $1650 USD
Breakfast and lunches are all included plus training materials and CECs
A total of 46 CEUs (EMDRIA CEUs)
Cost: (Includes training materials, 8 hours of online training, 38 hours of intensive training & all Breakfasts and lunches)
- In the EMDR Parent-Child & Attachment Specialist Intensive Program you will be trained in “The Systemic, EMDR- Attachment Based Program to Heal Intergenerational Trauma & Repair the Parent-Child Attachment Bond” developed by Ana Gomez. You will learn to work with adults (parents) and children using attachment theory and EMDR therapy.
- You will receive 8 hours of online training where you will learn latest research and literature on attachment theory, the use of the AAI (Adult Attachment Interview) and specific tips on how to use it clinically to identify parent’s potential tendencies towards insecure states of mind with regards to their own attachment experiences (This does not constitute a formal training in the use of the AAI). In addition, You will learn about other tools to assess and explore the quality of the parent-child attachment bond.
- Following these 8 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training (38 hours) in an intimate setting where you will learn how to use the eight phases with parents and children to heal intergenerational trauma. You will learn a model developed by Ana Gomez to work with parents and children that include four different levels of parental involvement: Level 1- Psychoeducation, Level 2- Emotion regulation and mentalization work, Level 3- Processing & Level 4-Dyadic work.
- You will learn how to work with dismissing, preoccupied and unresolved states of mind throughout the eight phases with parents. In addition, you will learn how to help parents develop attunement so the capacity to “hold the child’s mind in mind” (Fonagy) can be promoted.
- You will learn how to resource parents and use a number of strategies and protocols such us P-RDI.
- Case conceptualization strategies and Preparation tools that include protocols to enhance the parent’s capacity for differentiation and boundary awareness as well as linkage and connection will be addressed
- The use of videos to promote the development of attunement and the capacity of the parent to synchronize to the child’s internal states will be studied.
- How to develop the treatment plan for the parent and the child will be demonstrated.
- In addition, the use of Theraplay strategies and the installation of dyadic-regulated states with the child and the parent will be demonstrated. Moreover, how to resource the “parent’s younger self” and “the child’s little self” will be covered.
- A wide range of interventions and interweaves will be presented and thoroughly practiced under the supervision of Ana Gomez. These strategies are used with the purpose of assisting parents in assimilating and integrating thwarted attachment experiences that currently inhibit their ability to respond contingently and synchronically to the child’s needs and inhibits the child’s capacity to connect and attach securely. The EMDR Interweave Systems Model will be covered which presents the use of powerful interweaves that assist adults (parents) in:
- Modulating arousal
- Maintaining dual awareness and a mindful presence
- Challenging procedural memory
- Recalibrating the nervous system
- Challenging the window of tolerance
- Maintaining safety while embracing exploration, and risk
- Meeting unmet attachment needs
- Nurturing the younger self and the inner family
- Utilizing resources during traumatic moments
- Changing the orienting response
- Completing truncated defenses
- Executing new and restoring empowering actions that could not be performed during the traumatic event
- Reclaiming dissociated, repressed and dismissed cognitive, affective and somatic material and reconnecting to the mind, the heart and the body in fresh and novel ways.
- Dyadic processing and the use of a number of dyadic-reparative interweaves will be presented, demonstrated and practiced such as: Interweaves that heal the child’s “little self” using inner child strategies, ego states, Internal Family Systems (IFS), “Storytelling” and intergenerational interweaves that can repair attachment wounds.
- Once you complete the EMDR Parent-Child & Attachment Specialist, Intensive Program you will be in our website as a referral source.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.38 EMDRIA CE Hours pending: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
Grievances and complaints are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.
“There is no known commercial support for this program”
“There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”
Grievances: All grievances must be in writing to AnaG@AnaGomez.org, and will be replied to within 5 – 10 business days.
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.”