This workshop is provided in 4 modules of 3 hours each - Arizona Time Zone. (please make sure you check your time zone)
September 13th - Friday
September 14th - Saturday
September 20th - Friday
September 21st - Saturday
Advanced Workshop 1
Step by Step: Making EMDR Therapy Effective and Developmentally Appropriate for Children.
(12 hour workshop divided in moduules of 3 hours each- for therapists fully trained in EMDR therapy)
This level is for the most part equivalent to the live workshop “Step-by-Step: Making EMDR Treatment Effective and Developmentally Appropriate for Children and Adolescents.” However, information on the work with adolescents will not be provided, as there will be a separate workshop on working with adolescents. The videos used have been recorded to fit online guidelines and are not the same as the ones used in the live training.
This 12 hour-4 day virtual workshop focuses on specific strategies that will assist clinicians in following EMDR therapy principles and procedures while meeting the developmental needs of children. Clinicians will learn how to make EMDR therapy successful and effective even with difficult clients. This workshop has numerous video clips that explain step by step each phase of EMDR therapy.
Participants attending this seminar will be able to:
- Develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans based on the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP).
- Identify key factors when establishing the client's readiness for EMDR therapy.
- Effectively prepare children for EMDR therapy. This includes a wide and rich variety of resources for stabilization and affect regulation as well as the use of RDI (Resource Development and Installation).
- Identify targets using developmentally appropriate float-back, affect scan and mapping strategies.
- Use play therapy strategies to assist children in identifying past memories of trauma and adversity, triggers and the future desired outcome.
- Use a wide range and different types of interweaves that are child-friendly and more suitable for children.
- Use "The Skill Building Phase" and EMDR Games to facilitate and enhance the use of EMDR therapy with children.
- Use effective strategies with children to prepare the nervous system before reprocessing traumatogenic material to optimize the child’s integrative capacity.
- Use a wide variety of strategies geared to modulate arousal during reprocessing with children that tend to move into hyper- or hypo-arousal states.