This workshop is full and we are not taking more registrations at this time
If you wish to put your name on a waiting list please call (602)803-4601
Step-by-Step: Making EMDR Treatment Effective and Developmentally Appropriate for Children and Adolescents
Advanced Workshop 1
This two-day workshop focuses on specific strategies that will assist clinicians in following EMDR therapy principles and procedures while meeting the developmental needs of children and adolescents. Clinicians will learn how to make EMDR therapy successful and effective even with difficult clients. This workshop has 18 video clips that explain step by step each phase of EMDR therapy.
Participants attending this seminar will be able to:
- Develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans based on the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP).
- Identify key factors when establishing the client's readiness for EMDR therapy.
- Effectively prepare children and adolescents for EMDR therapy. This includes a wide and rich variety of resources for stabilization and affect regulation as well as the use of RDI (Resource Development and Installation).
- Identify targets using developmentally appropriate float-back, affect scan and mapping strategies.
- Use play therapy strategies to assist children in identifying past memories of trauma and adversity, triggers and the future desired outcome.
- Use a wide range and types of interweaves that are child-friendly and more suitable for children and teenagers.
- Use "The Skill Building Phase" and EMDR Games to facilitate and enhance the use EMDR therapy with children and adolescents.
- Use effective strategies with children to prepare the nervous system before reprocessing traumatogenic material to optimize the child’s integrative capacity.
- Use a wide variety of strategies geared to modulate arousal during reprocessing with children that tend to move into hyper- or hypo-arousal states.