Trainer: Amy terrell, LMHC
This 7-hour training will strenghten your knowledge and understanding of the AIP model and the procedural steps of the eight phases of EMDR therapy! Having strong EMDR foundational skills not only will improve your effectiveness but will support the learning and intergation of advanced EMDR skills.
This seven hour training is an EMDR Basic Training review. This training reviews AIP theory and how to conceptualize treatment planning for children through the AIP lens.
AIP theory, the eight phases of EMDR Therapy and three pronged approach will be covered in an engaging and playful way. This training is ideal for EMDR therapists who would like to attend one of the Ana Gomez intensive workshops but do not feel confident in AIP theory or the standard EMDR Therapy 8 phases and three pronged approach.
It is also a great refresher for Basic-trained therapists, including a review of the processing continuum (Kiessling).
Clinicians will be able to:
1. Apply the AIP theory to case conceptualization with children and adolescents.
2. Demonstrate understanding of the eight phases of EMDR therapy.
3. Identify when to stay out of the way and when to provide a therapeutic interweave.
4. Implement the three pronged approach when working with children and adolescents.
5. Understand the EMDR processing continuum as developed by Roy Kiessling.