EMDR-Sandtray Specialist Intensive program:
Next intensive retreats:
June 17-21, 2019
July 2-6, 2019
July -August 1, 2019
Des Moines, IA
9 hours of online training
40 hours of intensive-retreat training
A total of 40 CECs (EMDRIA CECs). No credits are given for the 8 hours online.
Cost $ 1800 USD: Includes training materials, 8 hours of online training, 40 hours of intensive training and all breakfasts and lunches.
The nine-hour online training and the intensive 40-hour retreat is done in an intimate setting with a limited number of attendees. This training will teach the EMDR-Sandtray protocol in depth and thoroughly. You will receive 9 hours of online training where you will first be guided in creating your own sand tray miniature collection. You will learn about Sand play and Sand tray therapy history as well as the difference between the EMDR-Sandtray protocol and other therapies using sand tray. In addition, clinicians will learn basic principles of ego state theory, Internal Family Systems as well as the structural dissociation theory. Following these 8 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training where you can practice and receive feedback directly from Ana Gomez the developer of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. This training covers in great depth the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children and adolescents and the use of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. This is especially useful for children that present with dysregulation of the affective system and require greater distance from the traumatic material. In addition, children that use a number of mechanisms of adaptation such as avoidance can highly benefit from using this protocol. The EMDR-Sandtray protocol offers various levels of distance from the traumatic material: The actual memory of trauma where the self is present in the story, to the general story/world where the self is absent. One of the wonderful assets of sand tray therapy is its capacity to access implicit and right hemisphere material through the use of stories, symbols and archetypes. It is not necessary to have the formal training in sand tray or Sandplay therapy as this protocol has its own procedures and principles rooted within the AIP model. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will provide individualized support and guidance as you practice in small groups the use of the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol. Once you complete the program, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute and you will be in our website as a referral source.
Clinicians will learn:
- Case conceptualization skills to use with children and adolescents with complex clinical presentations that may require greater level of distance from the traumatic material.
- Basic Sand tray therapy procedures such as how to set up the sand tray, develop miniature collection, explore the child’s “world” etc.
- To set the various levels of distance offered by the EMDR-Sandtray protocol.
How to develop resources during preparation phase using the sand tray including:
- Safe-calm-happy place
- Resource spots
- The little self-healing place
- To set up the assessment phase honoring the various levels of distance.
To use interweaves within the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol using the Interweave Systems Model (ISM) such as:
- Interweaves directed to meet attachment needs
- Interweaves directed to complete truncated defense responses
- Interweaves directed to reclaim repressed and dissociated affective states
- Interweaves directed to modulate arousal
- How to work with the body while staying connected to the sand tray and the story
- Learn how to work with preverbal trauma
- To playfully do the installation phase and body scan using the EMDR-Sandtray Protocol.
Videos, live demonstrations and lots of pictures of therapeutic work will be presented to give workshop attendees a very tangible and concrete experience
- Full program EMDR-Sandtray Specilist -Level 1- $1800 USD (Includes training materials, 49 hours of training, and all breakfasts and lunches)
- 9 hours of online training
- 40 hours of intensive-retreat training that includes 8 hours of case presentationss
- A total of 49 hours of training!
A total of 40 CEUs (EMDRIA CEUs). No credits are given for the 9 hours online.
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
· The American Psychological Association (APA) Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
· Florida Certification Board
· The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
· The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
· California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2020
· The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
· The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019
· Massachusetts Authorization Number: 1941
· Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
· New York Social Work Board – Ce-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
· The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
· The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
40 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”