EMDR Child Specialist Level 1 Intensive Program:
- Phoenix, AZ February 25-March 1, 2019
- Toronto, Canada August 11-15, 2019
8 hours of online training
38 hours of intensive
Week- Long Program Description
This intensive-week long training clinicians will learn advanced skills and practice under the direction of Ana Gomez, the HOW TOs of EMDR therapy with children. This training will teach in depth case conceptualization using the AIP (Adaptive Information processing) model, attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory. In addition, preparation strategies and EMDR games that will provide children with a solid foundation to face traumatic material will be thoroughly presented. This level is recommended for clinicians starting to use EMDR with children or clinicians that need the foundational skills. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will walk participants through the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children with simple and complex clinical presentations. This advanced training workshop will provide step-by-step strategies that will assist clinicians in following EMDR therapy principles and procedures while meeting the developmental needs of children. Clinicians will learn how to make EMDR therapy successful and effective for children. Participants will be able to develop the skills and strategies that are necessary for case conceptualization and the effective implementation of EMDR therapy with children. Theory and practice will be combined within a small group setting to provide a very tangible experience. Program level: Full EMDR training required for the 30 hours intensive training.
This intensive training will provide a comprehensive body of knowledge and advance techniques so clinicians can effectively implement the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children.
(1) Clinicians will be able to develop case conceptualization skills and treatment plans based on the Adaptive Information Processing model (AIP), attachment theory, affective neuroscience, interpersonal neurobiology and the polyvagal theory.
(2) Clinicians will develop advanced skills in treatment plan development and will have advanced supervised practice in global and phase specific case conceptualization.
(3) Clinicians will develop basic and advanced skills in preparing children for EMDR trauma processing. This includes resources for stabilization and affect regulation as well as strategies to identify targets using developmentally appropriate float back and mapping strategies. In addition, playful and fun ways of identifying targets will be covered such as:
• The memory wand
• Memory boxes
• Masks and many others
(4) This training will cover in depth the skill-building model and the use of EMDR games with children to facilitate the use of the eight phases of EMDR therapy. Emphasis will be placed on the importance of making children acquainted with the different components of EMDR therapy prior to moving into the assessment and desensitization phases. Strategies to helping children develop cognitive, emotional and somatic literacy so they can access the cognitive, affective, and somatosensory aspects of the trauma memories will be demonstrated.
• Games to assist children in developing cognitive literacy and awareness.
• Games to assist children in developing somatic and sensorimotor literacy and awareness.
• Games to assist children in developing emotional literacy and awareness.
(5) Clinicians will be able to use concrete and playful strategies to engage children during the assessment phase. In addition, clinicians will learn advanced strategies to set up processing sessions to optimize the child's integrative capacities. These strategies are especially helpful when working with children with sensitized sympathetic nervous systems and children with sensitized dorsal vagal systems.
(6) Participants will also learn how and when to use interweaves that are more suitable for children.
• Interweaves that address the plateau of responsibility.
• Interweaves that address the plateau of safety.
• Interweaves that address the plateau of power and control.
• Somatic, cognitive and affective interweaves.
• Educational interweaves
(7) This intensive training will cover playful strategies that can be used during the installation, body scan and reevaluation phases of EMDR therapy. In addition, how to help children make new choices and incorporate appropriate behaviors in the future through the use of the future template protocol will be addressed.
(8) Clinicians will have the opportunity to practice in small groups and receive individualized feedback.
8:30 am to 12:00 pm
12 pm to 1 pm- Lunch
1:00 pm to 5:30 pm
Module 1: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
Module 2: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
Module 3: Recordings will be available after registration (3 hours)
CE Credits Information- 38 CEUs
You can watch the archives on your own time. General CEC provided by the CE Classes
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
· Ce-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
· The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
· California BBS: Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
· The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
· The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
· The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019.
· Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
· Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
· The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
· The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018
· New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
· This course is NOT APPROVED for NBCC
46 EMDRIA CE Hours: Ana M Gomez, MC, LPC is a provider approved by EMDRIA. EC Provider #07005
Grievances and complains are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval”
EMDR Basic Training Level 1 & 2