EMDR Child, Complex Trauma & Dissociation Specialist Intensive program Level II
August 26-30, 2019
In this intensive EMDR child, complex trauma & dissociation specialist you will be provided with 8 hours of online training where you will receive an in depth coverage and review of the latest literature and research on complex trauma and dissociation in children. Multiple models and theories will be reviwed such as: Attachment theory, Liotti's model od dissociation, Peritraumatic dissociation model, Descrere behavioral states (Putnam), Interpersonal neurobiology (Siegel), Internal Family Systems (IFS), the structural dissociation theory and many other models that address the etiology and development of dissociation in children. Assessment tools, differential diagnosis and clinical interview tools for children with dissociative tendencies will be covered. Following these 8 hours, you will attend an intensive-week long training where you can learn advance skills with children with attachment wounds, dissociative tendencies and structural dissociation. Multiple strategies and advanced protocolos will be provided to work with children with mild to moderate dissociative symptoms as well as children with structural dissociation.
The first part of this intensive program is dedicated to children with complex-developmental trauma that have attained an integrated sense of self. The second part, will be dedicated to children and adolescents presenting with failures of integration, fragmentation and division in their sense of self and emerging personality, and diagnosis such us DID or OSDD. How to work with "parts" and "dissoiciative parts" within the EMDR eight-phase model will be addressed. A thorough hands on approach is used, as Ana Gomez will walk participants through the eight phases of EMDR therapy with children with complex clinical presentations, dissociative tendencies and structural dissociation. Upon completion of the training, you will receive a certificate given by the AGATE Institute.
Clinicians will learn:
- The use of advanced strategies to layer the amount of trauma through the use of “in” and “out” strategies, titration and pendulation with children with and without fragmentation.
- Resource strategies to work directly with trauma related phobias, sensitized and polarized defenses.
- How to map and access the system and identify dissociative parts with children with a fragmented personality.
- Multiple "access strategies" to enter and explore the inner system.
- Preparation strategies specifically for children that dissociate. It includes how to talk to children about dissociation, how to restore dual awareness when is lost etc.
- How to orient "dissociative parts" in person, time and present safety.
- How to work with perpetrator parts, young parts and parent parts
- How to “stage” and provide a platform that optimizes the child’s integrative capacities before moving into processing phases of EMDR therapy.
- The use of art, play, stories and more to make the process developmentally appropriate for children with complex trauma will be thoroughly addressed.
- "Memory entry strategies" will be presented along with protocols that allow children to ease into traumatic memories that are overwhelming to the child's system.
The use of interweaves will be presented that include interweaves that assist children in:
- Modulating arousal
- Maintaining dual awareness and a mindful presence
- Working with trauma related phobias
- Challenging procedural memory
- Recalibrating the nervous system
- Challenging the window of tolerance
- Maintaining safety while embracing exploration, and risk
- Nurturing the younger self and the inner family
- Utilizing resources during traumatic moments
- Changing the orienting response
- Completing truncated defenses
- Executing new and restoring empowering actions that could not be performed during the traumatic event
- Reclaiming dissociated, repressed and dismissed cognitive, affective and somatic material and reconnecting to the mind, the heart and the body in fresh and novel ways.
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
· The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
· This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
· This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
· Florida Certification Board
· The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2021
· The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
· California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
· The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2020
· The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
· Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
· Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
· New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of
continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
· The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2020 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
· The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2020.
46 EMDRIA CEs FOR PARTICIPANTS FULLY TRAINED IN EMDR THERAPY (Part 1 & 2)
Grievances and complains are reviewed within 8 working days. If you have a formal grievance please do it in writing. Please expect a response within 10 working days.
“There is no known commercial support for this program”
“There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop”
Grievances: All grievances must be in writing to AnaG@AnaGomez.org, and will be replied to within 5 - 10 business days.
“Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.”